Friday, April 17, 2009

Maybe I should submit this to failblog.org

I didn’t run yesterday.

To make things worse, I lied to my fiancé when he asked why I wasn’t running and told him it was my “rest” day.

It isn’t. Friday is my rest day. I purposely designed my schedule this way because I know that I have to work all day Friday and won’t have time to work out.

I even thought that I would get up early this morning and run before work to make up for it.

Nope.

And here I sit, eating Skittles with my feet propped up during my designated 15-minute break from work. Instead of running, I sat on the couch for an hour, then rode on the back of a motorcycle for 40 minutes and watched The Office. I even ate a slice of pizza.

Everybody fails sometimes.

I thought about lying about it, too. I had a whole thing planned where I would complain about how my shins hurt (because I was going to do that on Wednesday, but I forgot). I was going to pretend that I tried out my new iPod armband. But then what if, when I really do try it out tomorrow, it totally sucks? Then where will I be? I’ll tell you where I’ll be. I’ll be a blogger who lies.

I know you all (as in the four of you who actually read this…and I can name names, so don’t make me) are disappointed. But things will be better tomorrow. My bridal shower is tomorrow, so I’m getting up beforehand to run.

At least I didn’t lie.



Although I could have just not updated at all…

3 comments:

  1. I'm not disappointed.
    I think that you've been working really hard the past few months... &with the running, i think that if you come home from work tired... & you have to work 800 hours the next day... maybe it can be excused once and a while.

    I'm proud of you for this this... you have balls.
    Big, shiny, glittery, pink balls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, you were the one who convinced me not to lie. You commented on my iPod thing, and I knew I couldn't lie to you that I hadn't tried it out, then I wasn't going to write that I had when I hadn't...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I "ran" across your blog (thank you facebook) and wanted to tell you how funny you are...even about running, you make me laugh. I hope things are well with you...but I won't have to wonder if you keep this thing up!

    ReplyDelete